CT Sibling Network
CT Sibling Network (CT Sibs) is an Affiliate of the National Sibling Leadership Network. CT Sibs recognizes PATH Parent to Parent/Family Voices of CT (PATH/FVCT) as the leading CT family support organization and has partnered with them to deliver programs and resources to our siblings. Currently, we are serving siblings ages 18 and older.
CT Sibs believes that sibling lives and opinions are important and recognizes that siblings are the family members who will have the longest relationships with individuals with disabilities. While there are many positive aspects of having a brother or sister with a disability we respect that it can be a difficult journey for a sibling.
with unique challenges. Siblings deserve opportunities for support and understanding, as well as information and tools to advocate for their interests and the needs of their brothers and sisters with disabilities.
The mission of the CT Sibs is to support siblings of individuals with disabilities in CT by providing the information, tools, and community to enrich their lives and the lives of their siblings.
• Peer Support
- Organize meetings and seminars to share information and education regarding sibling issues, disability laws, and legal responsibility.
- Connect siblings throughout the State of Connecticut to share stories and offer support.
- Organize and facilitate Sibshops and provide supports for Adult siblings throughout the state.
• Long term – Organize and facilitate youth Sibshops™
• Advocacy and State Collaboration
- Provide a platform for advocacy for individuals with disabilities in the State of Connecticut.
For more information 800.399.7284 (CT ONLY) | email@example.com